Dynon iPad/Andriod App

Mark_Dickens

Dynon needs to create an app on the iPad and/or Android platform to support the following:

1.  Database uploads (I have a GTN-650 and love the database concierge). You have wifi capabilities, why not allow database updates that way? Database concierge requires the Flightstream at extra cost, you could offer this for free or a low app price.

2.  User configurable virtual button panel, such that the user could drag buttons onto the iPad and create their own button panel. Again, you have wifi...personally, I hate having to punch multiple buttons to enable the autopilot and then another level to get to the roll menu, etc.  I had hoped the hdx would have solved that problem, but it didn't. I know the simple interface helps with this, but I use the expert interface and it's still too many button pushes.

3. How about a dedicated ads-b traffic screen like Garmin Pilot has? If you're not going to encourage interoperations with other app developers for traffic display, do it yourself.

4.  On a more general topic, open up a SDK for app developers so that they can do some of this development themselves. It's fairly obvious to me that Dynon sees its future in the STC business. That will slow down development in the experimental world...why not allow an interface to certain atomic functions in the software?

W

William_Ince

It's fairly obvious to me that Dynon sees its future in the STC business. That will slow down development in the experimental world...why not allow an interface to certain atomic functions in the software?
Have you read the recent narrative from Dynon President regarding the issue you assert?