Dynon Moderators: Spam Threads

RV8JD

Dynon Moderators: Spam Threads

There have been numerous non-Dynon/non-aviation related threads started by spammers. Is there a way to weed these spammers out so they don't become "Members" in the first place? Or delete them and their spam threads in a more timely fashion?

Upgrades to the way folks are approved for "membership" would be appreciated, so spammers never become "Members".

Thanks,

Last edited:

jnmeade

There are a number of ways to defeat spammers, including blocking entire ISP addresses like those from Bangla Desh and other notorious sources of spammers. Still, it is difficult to not exclude legitimate members, including new members or those residing in certain locations so the temptation is to allow free access. I agree the posts are annoying and I wish they weren't there but understand (I moderated a web site for 25 years) that is is not always easy, especially if being an internet policeman is not the main job of those moderating the web site. It got to where dealing with spammers took up the majority of my time as moderator and that time doesn't earn any money.