Dynon User Information Sharing Board?

Bill Putney

I wonder if there is or would be interest in sharing designs and documentation for user built Dynon related stuff. There might be EAA or other aviation related sites that are already doing this but I haven't found ones that are Dynon installation specific or really present whole solution and not just a PC board or a 3D print and not both. If there already is a place, could someone let me know?

For instance, for a dual HDX installation, the Installation Manual says all the serial ports and audio outputs need to be tied together so that both displays can trade data with devices and send audio cues to the audio panel. That can be done with crimp connectors and you'll have a big ball of crimp connectors to stow somewhere. If you ever want to trouble shoot that, it will be a mess. I chose to make a junction box to take care of it. I'm not in the airplane parts making business but I'd be happy to share the information with anyone that wants it. It's taken me about a week to "develop" this and I bet there are others that have similar solutions and solutions to problems I haven't solved yet. My solution includes a 3D printed box and a printed circuit board with gold plated locking connectors.

Even public libraries have 3D printers these days and the circuit board was made by a company that specializes in low volume circuit boards. All of the software I used is free or next to free for non-commercial use. I'd be happy to share the 3D printer gcode files, the schematic and PCB layouts and the parts list. I think the whole thing cost me about the same as a couple week's worth of Venti Caffe Latte's.

It would be great to have somewhere to share this info. I'm not sure what the liability would be for Dynon to host an exchange. Dynon might choose not to host it but might acknowledge that there is a user information sharing site and leave it at that.
Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 1.42.08 PM.png

Dual-HDX-Junction-Box.jpg