EFIS D10A - Garmin 430 - time update

Chriseleven

Apologies if this has been answered before. A search revealed nothing.

Can the Garmin 430 update the time on the EFIS? My time always starts at 00:00

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The Garmin 430 doesn't output time so we can't set time from it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
No, it does not. No devices that use aviation format output time.

skysailor

So, can I get time from a 396 (not sure if that is aviation output) or only through the Dynon GPS puck? If the 396 will not output time, will the Keep Alive function of the Skyview be repaired so the system will keep time between flights saving resetting the clock at each power up?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The 396 will output time.

We can also get time via ARINC from the 430 or 480 if you have a SkyView. The original question was about a D10A which is why I didn't mention this. SkyView has never had a keep alive and there is no hardware for it so there is nothing to "repair."

A SkyView or a D10A with a battery will also keep time.

skysailor

I should have asked if this applied to the Skyview. Thanks for the clarification. Nice to know both the battery and 396 will make sure the clock is correct.

PhantomPholly

I should have asked if this applied to the Skyview. Thanks for the clarification. Nice to know both the battery and 396 will make sure the clock is correct.

I also suspect that the D180 will receive time from the GNS 480 via ARINC if you also have an HS34, which you were planning on last time I checked.

skysailor

I also suspect that the D180 will receive time from the GNS 480 via ARINC if you also have an HS34, which you were planning on last time I checked.

Planning on a Skyview now but it sounds like the system is going to have to get the time from the 396 since he said above no time output from the 480 or any unit in aviation mode.

PhantomPholly

Planning on a Skyview now but it sounds like the system is going to have to get the time from the 396 since he said above no time output from the 480 or any unit in aviation mode.

"Aviation Mode" is referencing a Serial output configuration on the x96 (I believe).  The equivalent output on the 480 is "MAPCOM (9600).

ARINC has different designations for output modes on the 480 including (from the Revision L manual):

ARINC 429
ARINC 743
GAMA 429
GAMA 429 BK
GAMA 429 GFX Int
GAMA 429 NO FP
GAMA 429GFX
VOR/ILS