EMS D10 Failed on booting up

ivor

Hi My EMS D10 failed to boot up today, I downloaded the data log yesterday with no problems, But switching on today gave me a yellow screen followed by a blue with Dynon, and now just a background light,
Any idea's?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Re: EMS D10 Failed on booting up

If disconnecting and reconnecting all power to the unit doesn't solve it, we'll need to get the unit back for a look. Give us a call at 425-402-0433 for further technical support if it doesn't come back up.

jaba-who

Don't know if this is a trend but I have seen one and heard of another D100 that did the same thing here in Oz.

Both were turned on while the ambient temperature in the cabin was really high. Aussie sun beating down on a closed cabin.
Both were sent back to Australian distributor and returned working but I am not aware of what was found to be wrong with them (neither was mine). So I can't state that the heat on start up was the cause but seemed a common feature.

I now am careful to put a sun shade on the windshield and keep the doors open where possible on the ground when the A/C is sitting in the sun.

ivor

Thanks for that, Left it disconected for some time and she booted up fine, Didnt realise the keep alive feed played a important part of the boot up cycle,

many thanks
Ivor