EMS D10 reboot

DrewSwenson

During several flights, my screen reboots all by itself. Have not really been able to pin this on anything (like more or less vibration in the cockpit). On the otherhand---skyview has no issues----but the skyview does have a backup battery where my EMS does not. Any thoughts?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Intermittent power is always suspect. Have you tried wiggling harnesses a bit to see if you can make it happen on the ground?

gteldp71i0

had this problem going on a year now still no answers although it only happens when the screen is in direct sunlight which is not very often here but a pest in summer

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
wilbar - now your problem sounds like it might be temperature sensitivity that you shouldn't be experiencing. Does it happen only in sunlight only on hot days? If so, you might give our technical support team a call at 425-402-0433 to discuss it more.

gteldp71i0

Hello Dynon,
Many thanks for your response, and yes you are correct this only happens when there is direct sunlight on the screen, the other unit ie efis perform perfectly, i have tried on the ground bringing up the heat artificially inside the cabin enviroment to induce the problem with no joy as said it only happens when there is prolonged sunlight on the screen it works perfectly on overcast days irrespective of flight duration