EMS-D120 cannot adjust clock

Beaudeau

I love flying!
When I try to adjust the clock, Zulu Time is wildly off and cannot be adjusted at all. Local Time lets me adjust the hour, but the minutes jump in 30 min increments, thus cannot set correct time. I have an in-panel GPS (EKP-4), but I think it is connected only to the transponder, for ADS-B out. I have a Bad ElF external GPS I use for Foreflight, but it requires Bluetooth to connect with other devices Do I have to give up on the EMS clock functions?

jakej

You can connect the avmap to the D120 serial input - that will give you utc after Avmap ‘locks on’ to satellites, then adjust local time to suit. Next time you power up the system will show the correct time. The Avmap will always then give time to the Dynon.
Ps - do you have the D120 backup power ( keep alive) wire connected ? - it shouldn’t be ;)

Beaudeau

I love flying!
Well, I have a Dynon Bus that the D-120 and the EFIS is on. I suppose the Avmap gets connected to that? Since the Avmap is already connected to the transponder, do I just use a splitter? If only I knew an avionics guy who has Dynon experience...

jakej

Generally you can tie in up to 4 devices to the 1 serial output from your gps. No ‘splitter’ needed.
HTH [ch128578]