EMS information on secondary display not working

Ron_B.

I love flying!
I have two 10" touch Skyviews in my not flown RV-14A. Until about a week ago the two screens functioned as I expected, showing the engine parameters on both screens. Lately the co-pilot side has x's across most engine widgets. The message shown indicates " EMS SFG mis match". I downloaded the sensor file to both displays and it solves the problem until I shut down the units. When I turn them back on I'm back to square one. I called Dynon yesterday and left a message but no return call as of yet.
I now (since noticing this problem ) notice that the co-pilot display is slower to boot up and that the Dynon logo goes out (black screen ) and then returns , unlike the pilot side display that just comes into view once (Dynon logo). When the console data appears on the co-pilot display I see one set of data (one line of information) say "INIT SENSOR CHARACTERIZATION FAIL". The pilot side has "OK" for this line. The only thing I see not normal looking on the pilot side display is on booting up I have an oil temp. reading of something like 297 degrees. Once I re-download the sensor file to the co-pilot display and this display is showing the correctly functioning widgets the proper oil temp appears on the pilot display until I shut down and then the problem starts all over.
Any help for this not tech. guy would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading , Ron

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It sounds like that display has a correctable issue with its ability to store settings. Give our support team a call at 425-402-0433 or an email at support at dynonavionics dot com for further help with this issue.

Ron_B.

I love flying!
I left a message with tech support (phone) two days ago on this issue and am still awaiting a return call. I also called and spoke with Kelly (I think that was the nice lady's name) again yesterday and she said there was only one tech answering calls and he's very busy trying to keep up.
thanks Ron

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We try to get back to everyone the same day you leave a message (and usually a lot sooner, typically within an hour or two, except for when volume is heavy), so my apologies if that didn't happen. If you haven't spoken to anyone yet, can you PM your number so that I can help facilitate?