Flight Planning and GPX waypoints

pe190

I am having trouble finding a program that will produce a GPX file that skyview will recognise ? And it looks like this is a common problem. I'm in Australia so the AOPA planner is no good to me and can't get GPS visualizer to work (it see's the file but not the wpts) All i need is to be able to place some waypoints on a map for my desired route then download them onto a usb as a GPX flight plan file ?
Dynon support -- Some help would be appreciated !
:eek: Any suggestions welcome

mbaker

Staff member
Would you be able to post the GPX file that you generated from GPS visualizer?  How did you initially generate the route that you fed into GPS visualizer?

There are a few fixes and improvements in the GPX file processing coming in the 3.2 release.  If you post the file or email it to us I'll verify it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As of 3.2, there should be a couple more options: http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/Importing_Flight_Plans

PeterBain

Can you please confirm there is a facility for entering waypoints via latitude/longitude?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
3.2 does not add a way to import or create waypoints in any new way. The only current way is still with the google earth program.

We've definitely heard that people want more ways to bring in waypoints and we will be adding that in a future software version.

PeterBain

yes please don't forget about us South Africans who are left in the sticks!!

we at least need a facility to load waypoints directly on to the Skyview so at least we can use the GPS effectively

Garmin can do it on my little 296 ::)

otherwise what use is the GPS to us :'(

mmarien

Murray M.
GPS in combination with a DEM makes for fantastic synthetic vision. It's also handy for DTO's and routing in lieu of good pilotage. ;)

Kidding aside, it would be nice to be able to compliment the Jeppesen data where it's not so complete. In my area the Jeppesen data on the Skyview matches the aviation database of my GPS495. So much so that they have the same errors is the obstacle database. You would think they are the same database.

The current ability to add waypoints into Skyview along with comments is handy. What would be nice is a way to add waypoints in the same format as the existing aviation database so that they appear with symbols other than 3D pins and the frequencies and runways appear in the database like regular aviation data. I'm sure that is coming.

But all that can come after the 3D depiction of the inverted cake airspaces in synthetic vision.  ::)