FlightDek & 430/530 Whizmo

Bill_Denton

Assume one has a FlightDek which has two serial ports, allowing for the connection of:
  • A GNS 430/530 (Currently displaying GPS data only)
  • An SL 30
I understand that you are currently working on a "whizmo" that will allow your units to also display NAV data from the GNS 430/530 units.

When the "whizmo" comes on line, will it connect to the same port currently being used by the GNS 430/530, allowing continued use of the SL 30, or will the GNS 430/530 present GPS data to one serial port and NAV data to a second port, requiring a hardware switch in order to use the SL 30?

Or will it come into an entirely new hardware port?

Thank you!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You will be able to hook the SL-30 and 430 up at the same time and switch between all of their functions without an external switch.

Thomas_Schaad

I great option would be, if we could have either sources bearing pointers. To make a little more clear, what I would like:

Now we have either NAV or GPS on the HSI and it's Bearing Pointers/RMI needles. If you give us the option, to have for example the ILS on the HSI and the GPS on the RMI, it would be just great. This way a line up to the LOC is an easy, as it basically features a RMI for that, generated by the GPS. Also in case of missed approach, no switching of NAV Source would be necessary, we could simply follow the GPS RMI needle,  until the workload in the cockpit does allow to switch.

Hope you like the idea, best regards

Thomas ;)