Flightplanning

AndiK

I love flying!
Hello All,
I request a simplified method of entering a flight plan.
I would like to select any way point, airfield, navigaton aid. It highlights and on the bottom of the screen should be a simple "Add to FPL", same functionality should be to "send frequency to COM" if it's an airfield.

The way it works now is that I touch a waypoint, it highlights and then I have to press the "info" button first.
The screen splits in the info part and map part and the "add wypt to FPL" pops up. Then you need to close the info box and select the next desired way point on the map, press "info" again and so on. If I don't close the info box and highlight a another way point the info box doesn't update even after hitting "info" again. An auto update for the info box would be a nice feature too. So as soon as you select a different way point on the map the info box updates itself to the new way point. Currently you have to close it. Too many presses.

Please contact me with any questions.

Thanks

Andi K

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
One thing that might help here. Just get near the thing you want, then hit NRST, and then highlight it in the list. Right from there, there's an add to flight plan button. I find myself doing that more than highlighting the actual thing, then info. If it's on the screen, it's likely up near the top of the nearest list.

AndiK

I love flying!
Thanks for your reply. I will honestly try it.
What I am after is simplicity.
The way through NRST sounds like a lot of pushes and scrolling too.

As an example: Pressing the MAP Joystick for 3 sec and the airport layout (when on the ground) pops up is just great.
So, I know you can do it. ;)

That's what I would like for flight planning, highlight, add to FPL and/or add to COM when applicable.

Another idea: When I highlight a POI on the map I would like to see a bearing pointer from my airplane to the POI and the distance/ETE to the POI displayed. That feature should always display the actual bearing and distance/ETE and should be available even if I am on a current flight plan.

At last I noticed today that on the info boxes around the map screen I can display ETE from one waypoint to another but I can't show the actual ETE from my current position (let's assume I am half way there). On the HSI with GPS steering to the waypoint I see the distance remaining but not the actual ETE. On the flight plan page I can see the time remaining for the whole plan but not to each individual waypoint.

Just some thoughts. I hope they make sense.

Thanks for your time

Andi