Fuel injector pulse connection

Jaque

I am installing a UL350is (red ECU) with a Skyview HDX and Dynon EMS-220. I am using the Lycoming 4cyl fuel injected sensor kit. Can you confirm the configuration for tying in the RPM and injector pulse (fuel flow) parameters from the ECU harness to the HDX main harness? There are 2 wires on the UL power ECU harness for “Injector pulse” and “pulse/litre” and one wire for RPM.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
SkyView can't use the injector pulse, but there is a pulse per liter output that we believe we can use. Here is a quick/dirty diagram that our support team made that we believe works (attached).

Attachments

• ULPower.pdf
    405.2 KB · Views: 209

terrybrd

I love flying!
Contact UL power and they should be able to give you the information that you need. I have a RV-12 with the UL-260is and when setting it up they said that the newer ECU can get the pulse directly from the injector main body on the engine. This was in 2015 and I got it to work. Once you get it to be recognized then you have to experiment with the K factor to get it accurate.

Jaque

Ray with UL says they have used the injector pulse output but the pulse/litre should work as well. If it does, the k factor will have to be adjusted when real time numbers are crunched.