Geo-referenced Charts/Plates for Canada

ackselle

I love flying!
Where can I get georeferenced Charts and Plates that include Canadian airspace and airports?

Seattle Avionics says they cover all 50 states (I need that)...but there's no reference to Canada.

Pocket FMS does not cover Canada except for the obstacle and mapping data.

Help?

Cheers,
ackselle

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Unfortunately, there isn't currently a source for Canadian Plates/Charts on SkyView, but it's on our list to address.

Rick W

Been using FMS for years. Based in Canada and other than Canada and US, one week in bahamas every year. Just vfr.

FMS used to be cheap but now comes up at $265 a year canadian. I saw jeppesen has a package but didnt see pricing. Does this sound right or am i paying for a lot of stuff i dont need? Any better options?

soarhead

Unfortunately, there isn't currently a source for Canadian Plates/Charts on SkyView, but it's on our list to address.

Do you know if the US charts provided by Seattle Avionics overlap the Canadian Border at all? For example, the FAA New York Sectional actually encompasses some of Southern Ontario and Quebec. And Vice Versa, Canadian charts overlap some of the bordering states. If so, this might be a temporary solution for Canadian customers living along the border. EDIT....I downloaded the chart updater and saw that there is an option for Southern Canada. It won't let me purchase anything however because I don't have a US address. Seems pretty pointless.

Last edited:

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I thought they did display up to the paper sectional end equivalent, but of course only up through that little sliver that would be on the US sectionals. Does it hard cut off on the actual display? (don't have a SkyView in front of me)

PT10400

I see this is an older post so I'm hoping there is a new answer now almost 2 years later.
Has anyone managed to source sectionals for Canada for the Dynon systems ?

PT10400

Been using FMS for years. Based in Canada and other than Canada and US, one week in bahamas every year. Just vfr.

FMS used to be cheap but now comes up at $265 a year canadian. I saw jeppesen has a package but didnt see pricing. Does this sound right or am i paying for a lot of stuff i dont need? Any better options?
Rick, did FMS ever offer section charts ? I have asked them and they say they don't have them for Canada.