Glitch... Probably nothing but

lolachampcar

50+ hours on Skyview, most .6 hops => lots of boots.

I went to reset fuel this morning after a flight and the panel boot looped on me twice (2 times past the Dynon Splash without a Linux POST screen) then booted normally. I reset fuel then switched off the master. The screen shut down instantly instead of asking me to hit the off button (standby power).

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it common or is it an indicator of a larger problem. BTW, battery voltage was at 13.2 volts per Skyview on a subsequent boot.

dabear

I read this as lots of reboots.... if so Call them immediately.  That is not normal.

If this is just a normal startup that rebooted twice before coming up, then I'm not so sure its a big deal until it happens more than once.

bkthomps

I love flying!
they are going to want to know if you have backup batteries for the dynon, if you do not, i recommend you get some

lolachampcar

I have a backup battery and that is one of the things that caught my attention.  The display switched off directly with the master which normally does not happen.  I waited a minute and went through the whole boot and shut down sequence normally.

My background tells me there are no magic particles and things normally happen for a reason.  The twice through the Dynon splash screen followed by a shutdown without recognition of the backup battery would seem to be related.

Anyway, bus voltage was 13.2V and the back up battery status was charged.  If it happens agian, I'll call support.  Most embedded systems have a boot log which should supply some clues.

I was just curious if anyone else had seen this particular problem.

BBGLASAIR

I had the same issue with mine, similar Skyview hours, and I traced mine to a poor connection on the SV circuit breaker/switch, thus SV was getting fluctuating voltage. Incorrect washers,installation error. 

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Did it reboot the moment you pushed a button? Or after the fuel menu was up for a second or few?

The immediate power off after closing master after the reboot the reboot is actually a "feature" after such abnormal behavior that prevents the system from being stuck ON if there's something going on.

In any case, this definitely isn't normal. Give our tech support team a call at 425-402-0433. Mention this forum thread when you call.

lolachampcar

system off while I refueled.
poped the master on to reset fuel and saw two splash screens before the post (consol)
reset fuel and then poped the master off at which point the screen shut down directly
waited a few then poped the master back on. Skyview booted normally with one spash screen and shut down normally with a press this button to shut down now type message.

I hope this answers your sequence question. I've flown twice since with two boots per flight and zero issues. I'll have the front seat out in the next few days and will check both power and ground connections at that time.

Thank You.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If that's the thing you saw at boot, then it's not a huge deal if it happens once. It's the system having a very minor issue getting started, and retrying. Seems to happen about 1 in 10,000 times, which is why it just simply re-tries. It will give an error eventually if something is permanently wrong.

If it happens with any regularity, even if it then works OK, then it worries us and should come in for a checkup when it's convenient.