GPS

rls14

I sure would like to see a GPS included as in the Blue Mnt. Is there any hope to see this in the coming 8 to 10 months. Thanks Ron

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ron,
What kind of features are you looking for in this integrated GPS?

182ppl(Guest)

Moving map, direct to, nearest airports and terrain to name a few off the top of my head.

K

KRviator(Guest)

Another feature that I find really nice in the BMA EFIS is the "Virtual VOR".

Should something like this be released, would it be as part of a new instrument, or available as an add-on to the existing product line?

Cheers,
Rob.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Most likely, we will add some GPS input functionality (via an external, non-supplied GPS) via a free software update. Look for more detailed information about this in the coming weeks. As far as more advanced moving map functionality, we don't have solid enough information to distribute yet.

owl

Any progress on that moving up? I am currently planning my panel and it would be a no brainer if you had one.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We can get HSI data from a GPS today, but we have no timeframe for a full moving map product.

PilotKris

Much more than integrated GPS with a moving map (since the 496 does all of that exceptionally well), how about synthetic vision AI (like the "other" guys)?