GRT Conversion Questions

petehowell

Hello,

I am upgrading from an EIS4000 to the EMS-D10.  I know to remove the pull up resistor from the Fuel pressure sender, but do I need to still excite the FP sender with +5V?

Also,  I have the GRT carb temp sensor, I know I will need to excite it, but what resistor, if any is needed?

Thanks,

/me

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Pete,

Neither carb air temp nor FP gets an excitation line from our EMS.

Basically, all of the sensors that went to you EIS connect to the EMS in the same way they used to, except for the deletion of the pull up resistor / excitation line from the fuel pressure sender.

petehowell

hello,

Just back from Chicago.  Carb temp sensor on pin 22-  GP2-  no excitation line.  I get a reading of -99 if set to type2 or +124 if set to type1.

If set to type 2 and the probe is heated, the temp reading rises to about -50 then returns to -99 when it cools to ambient, about 80def F

Pete

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Pete,

As discussed on the phone, measure the resistance across the probe (with everything off) and let us know what you find.

petehowell

Hello,

I found 9.93 KOhm resistance. I will check voltage across the sensor when I get her back from the paint shop.

Pete

petehowell

Carb Temp Probe Voltage

Hello,

You had asked to measure the voltage across the probe next. I am back from the paint shop, so here goes.

With one side of the probe connected to the dynon ems input and one side to ground, I measure 2.55V across the probe.

Pete

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Pete,

It looks like you've helped us find a bug in our calibration for that sensor. If you are up for it, we can bring you into our beta firmware program to have you test a fix as we develop it over the coming days. Give us a call at 425-402-0553 for further support.