Hardware/software required for autopilot

Downunder

I love flying!
I have a dynon classic with just about everything, fitted in a flying aircraft . Do I simply need to buy and fit the servo's to have an operational autopilot?

jakej

Yes and .....make sure you do a System Configuration so that the Dynon 'sees' the servos, then do the setup of the Autopilot via the menus. That's the basics, there is more in the Install manual.

Jake J

65xx

Plus mounting brackets for the servos. Straight forward install. The hard part, running the wiring, suggest purchasing one of the 9-pin hubs. Dan from Reno

AlanR

Add the Autopilot button panel and get Autotrim, which I find invaluable and wouldn't be without, plus also the Autopilot button panel gives you loads more other options.

XPRSAV8R

Add the Autopilot button panel and get Autotrim, which I find invaluable and wouldn't be without, plus also the Autopilot button panel gives you loads more other options.

I agree! And while not necessarily a bad thing: the SV-AP-PANEL only works in advanced mode. Really great for IFR flying (selecting lateral tracking mode, and climb or descend via IAS, VS), but maybe overkill for VFR where you a simple button for TRK+ALT, HDG+ALT, HSI+ALT or LEVEL.

thibault

About the servo install. Be sure that the brackets are very rigid so that the servo does not move at all when it attempts to move the flight control. If the servo wiggles around at all, then the A/C will hunt.