HDX 15.3.3 touchscreen failure with VP-X

GBrinker

I love flying!
I've upgraded to 15.3.3 and can no longer control my VP-X via the touchscreen interface. The HDX is still receiving the VP-X data but I can't enable/disable any of my virtual circuit breakers. A push on any of the screen buttons has no effect. I know it worked a couple of weeks ago on 15.2 since I had to reset a comm radio.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? It's a pretty big safety issue since I no longer can control any of my electrical system.

Thanks,
Greg

mmarien

Murray M.
I have a SV Classic with 15.3.3. I didn't specifically test the entire VP-X interface, but I was turning my ECU on and off with the SV VP-X page to do some configuration earlier this week. So for sure one of the VP-X circuits can be controlled from SV Classic.

jakej

Just as a data point ... did you turn the knob to ‘highlight’ the circuit before touching the screen ? I had the same issue with my HDX/VPX combo until I did that [ch128580]

R

robmont@iinet.net.

Same as Jake. I have a SV Classic with VP-Pro and none of the
bottom button tabs 'highlight' until you scroll through the various circuits. Then the button tabs bring up the relevant "OFF",  "ON", "RESET" etc. Cheers, Rob

GBrinker

I love flying!
Thanks for bringing me back to earth on this. I was just having a brain fart. I forgot you had to scroll and push the button, for some reason I was thinking the touch screen controlled it. Thanks for the quick replies.

jwilbur

Would someone from Dynon mind verifying this, maybe??

I noticed the same thing this morning on my HDX as the OP. I'm quite sure I was controlling the VPX from the touch screen in the previous software version. While testing circuits before first flight, I regularly used the touch interface to toggle circuits. And I once had an in-flight flap-overspeed fault which I cleared by simply touching the screen.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Sorry, thought we'd commented on this. Yep, this is a bug, and will be fixed in our next release.

cdeerinck

I love flying!
I just updated to 15.3.4, and get a "VPX Fault" warning in red. I check the serial ports, and it is reading and writing sentences fine.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
VPX FAULT isn't the VPX not talking to SkyView, so it doesn't have anything to do with the success or failure of the serial port comms. It is annunciated if any of the devices connected to the VPX are faulted (according to the VPX), if system amps fault, if there's a battery fault, or alternator fault, etc. You should first look at your VPX display page to determine what is faulted, and see if that leads you anywhere.