HDX AP Expert Mode-where is the LEVEL MENU BUTTON?

BMW_X6M

RV-9A O-320 Catto Prop. Dual HDX, ADSB GTN650
New HDX user. I see the LEVEL menu button in simplified mode but I cannot find the LEVEL menu button in expert mode.
I do not have the dedicated AP subpanel. I do not have a dedicated button for LEVEL. Maybe I should?

BMW_X6M

RV-9A O-320 Catto Prop. Dual HDX, ADSB GTN650
I called tech support today. There is no LEVEL MENU BUTTON while in expert mode. A decision was made that it would require too many button pushes? Yet it is there in simplified mode.

My point is that it should be there. I may be flying in expert mode, with the menu panel displayed, and I want the ability to have a LEVEL MENU BUTTON there. Especially because I do not have the OPTIONAL AutoPilot control panel.

I would hope I could get a consensus from users of the same opinion. :(

Raymo

I love aviation!
I believe expert mode is intended for use with the external button panel option, which has the level button. Adding a button to your panel would not be difficult, IMO, but do consider the AP Button panel; it is a great option - including auto-trim.

krw5927

I love flying!
According to the installation manual, the external level button will work to perform the same function. Bonus: it's cheap relative to the AP panel, and it's always available on your panel without digging through software menus.

mmarien

Murray M.
I added a LEVEL button. It's in my passenger briefing and I demonstrate it if they ask about it.

If the AP-PANEL is not in the cards, the KNOB-PANEL also works as a LEVEL function. Press and hold the HDG/TRK knob will level the wings. Press and hold the ALT button will capture and hold the current altitude.

The LEVEL button is least expensive way to add the level feature. Can be one of the buttons on the stick. Just needs momentary ON button.