Icom A210

rfazio1951

I emailed tech support at Icom to ask how to set the serial out data on my A210. They told me the unit does not output any data. Very weird in that they have connections for Rx and Tx on the back of the unit? So it looks like you can't get ride of the big red X on top of the skyview. You will not get any frequency data back from the unit. You can send frequencies to it but you'll have to see the red X. This was their responce:

Hi Richard,

The IC-A210 does not output any data.

Thank you,

Rick Waedekin Sr., N9PMR
Technical Support Representative

ICOM America, Inc.
2380 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
Ph. (425) 450-6087
Fax (425) 637-8417
www.icomamerica.com

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
    I emailed tech support at Icom to ask how to set the serial out data on my A210. They told me the unit does not output any data. Very weird in that they have connections for Rx and Tx on the back of the unit? So it looks like you can't get ride of the big red X on top of  the skyview. You will not get any frequency data back from the unit. You can send frequencies to it but you'll have to see  the red X. This was their responce:

Hi Richard,

The IC-A210 does not output any data.

Thank you,

Rick Waedekin Sr., N9PMR
Technical Support Representative

ICOM America, Inc.
2380 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
Ph. (425) 450-6087
Fax (425) 637-8417
www.icomamerica.com

Actually, you can get rid of the big red X (for radio status) on the top of the SkyView display.

SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > DISPLAYED COM > NONE > ACCEPT (button).

flyboy884

Hey Richard ya your right ... I talked to Icom then passed the info on to Dynon a couple weeks ago...they thought you could turn of the data in and leave the data out...they called it a bug they would look into for us 210 users....

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We do plan in a future update to allow you to turn off the red X while also still allowing frequencies to be sent to the A210. No promises on the date for that though.

Jamie

We do plan in a future update to allow you to turn off the red X while also still allowing frequencies to be sent to the A210. No promises on the date for that though.

I have not run my RS232 line from the radio to SV yet, however I would like to know if people are able to turn the red X off. I wish Icom would just turn the output on for us.