Installation of servos before v5.0 firmware

jdpainter

I am currently installing roll and pitch servos for the AP in my already flying RV-7A.  I understand that the autopilot will not function until the 5.0 firmware release, but I'm curious if I will be able to see the servos in the DSAB menu so that I will know that my wiring is correct before I close everything up.  

Thanks!
Jamie

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You will not be able to see them in DSAB. You can wire them up to the EFIS but you won't get any display of them until 5.0.

jdpainter

The answer from Dynon Support appears to be wrong. :)

I'm running firmware v. 4.0.0 and if I do the DSAB configuration I can see the two servos.

When I cycle power on my EFIS I receive a DSAB network configuration error.  I simply removed the fuses and re-configured to eliminate the error.  

The installation of my servos is now complete.  You guys need another beta tester for a RV-7A?  ;) I'm ready and willing.

2008-11-04.2225.jpeg

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Haha! We stand corrected.

Just know that the firmware update process this time will be a touch different than previous versions. Depending on what version of firmware your servos/AP74 have on them, you may or may not have a quick second step to perform to update the firmware on them. The essence of this is that the servos/AP74 may need an update, but until the DSAB busmaster EFIS/FlightDEK is up-to-date, and DSAB configured, it doesn't yet know how to push a firmware update to those devices (even though they can be seen in your 4.0 DSAB menu)