Internal disk out of space

skyboy999

I love flying!
Attempt to update to 16.2.4 and got the above message.

SV-D1000T, Europe

Rick Moss

Did you get a solution for this? I have the same issue (albeit on the latest software issue, I'm still running 15.XX). I have emailed as suggested above, but no response as yet (which is not unreasonable in the slightest, I only emailed on Saturday, just if there's a simple fix, that'd be handy).

skyboy999

I love flying!
Hi Rick. Yes, I did- they sent me a set of instructions which basically involve taking backups, resetting back to factory, applying new and reloading from backups. It seems straightforward but I haven't yet actioned due other priorities and the later updates don't seem to offer anything in my configuration. If you PM me your email address, I can forward to you (and you can be the guinea pig!) Cheers Steve

Rick Moss

Hi Rick. Yes, I did- they sent me a set of instructions which basically involve taking backups, resetting back to factory, applying new and reloading from backups. It seems straightforward but I haven't yet actioned due other priorities and the later updates don't seem to offer anything in my configuration. If you PM me your email address, I can forward to you (and you can be the guinea pig!) Cheers Steve
Thanks! I have now had (what I presume is) the same email from support; I'll try it out on Thursday and report back.

drbech

I had the same issue, One screen was updated successfully, second screen complained about disk space.

I did something way safer, went in under System setup -> data log setup -> clear all data

Then I was able to upgrade screen 2

skyboy999

I love flying!
Dynon: is this an alternative to the full factory reset which I’ve held off from doing for my problem? It does seem a lot less risky and preferable.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Dynon: is this an alternative to the full factory reset which I’ve held off from doing for my problem? It does seem a lot less risky and preferable.
Yes, it is an alternative method I have been trying with a few customers.

Rhino

The procedure in post 7 does not clear "all" data from your system. It just clears all log data. That's what they've recently been recommending you try first because it's far less drastic than a factory reset. But if you want a direct answer, you should probably contact support. They don't check here all that often.

Alariscey

The procedure in post 7 does not clear "all" data from your system. It just clears all log data. That's what they've recently been recommending you try first because it's far less drastic than a factory reset. But if you want a direct answer, you should probably contact support. They don't check here all that often.
Thanks I have only updated my maps and system twice since I had my plane over 2 years. I'm always a couple of updates behind but install the latest one that Dynon shows and this is the first issue I have ran into.