Manifold Air Pressure is showing static?

fpullanojr

I finally got to the point where I could run the engine last night. A few tweaks here and there and I was happy with the overall progress except the MAP pressure is static at 24.6 inches.

I checked the obvious stuff, the plumbing, the wires etc. Everything seems to be connected properly.

Any ideas?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
24.6" would be a standard day at about 5,000' altitude. Where are you?

I'm guessing you aren't hooked to a port that actually is pulling manifold (or is blocked somehow). 24.6" is a hard number to get with a wiring problem or a broken sensor.

You can always just hook a tube up to the sensor and apply a little bit of suction or pressure with the EMS turned on to make sure it's working.

Congrats on the first engine run!

fpullanojr

I'm at sea level in Florida. Well, most days I'm a few feet above sea level but the way it rained today, I'm about a foot below sea level at the moment!

I am using the same port as was used in the previous installation with a VM 1000. Of course, I did have to adapt the tubing down a few times to make it work so I'll try the suck test. :) Thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Are you using the Dynon MAP sensor, or one that was pulled from your old install? If the latter, and it's not the same one we sell, that may be the issue.