Mounting the HS34 beside a EFIS D100

Lars_Ola

Jabirubuilder
Hello!

We are cutrently building a Jabiru UL 450 "Calypso", and we have already bought the EFIS D100 and the EMS D120. We have also bought a AvMap EKP IV to make the glass cockpit complete. :)

I just discovered the HS34 option, and we are very keen getting that unit as well.

As we are (were...) just about to start the actual cutting of the instrument panel holes, we wonder how we should make space for the HS34. How big a spacing is needed between the EFIS D100 and the HS34 to make enough room for the mounting trays?

Have you got any plans on providing a common Mounting Tray for the EFIS D100 and the HS34 to get them fitted nicely together and so that we can cut one big hole for both of them?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The HS34 is 1.636" wide, but the hole you cut is narrower than that.

There is no space needed between the units. They can touch one another if you wish. You will need to cut a tab off your D100 mounting on the appropriate side to do this. The HS34 mounting bracket is designed to not interfere with the D100.

No plans yet for a common mounting tray, but that is a possibility as the HS34 matures and if the product is a success.

David_Prince

I have purchased and received my D-180 and awaiting my HS34. I have used the line drawing of the HS34 to cut the panel (No backing out now) leaving just enough room between the D-180 and HS34 for the D-180 tray. I id not feel good about cutting the verticle leg off the tray. Are there any special wiring considerations for the HS34 to D-180? Panel includes: D-180, HS34, Sl-30, GTX-327, Garmin 396.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There will be quite a few wires on the HS-34 in order to interface with all your radios, but the only ones that will run to the D180 are the DSAB wires.