ND

B

Busdriver(Guest)

Dynon need to make an affordable Nav Display - who agrees?

R

Roger(Guest)

I'd like to see a matching 7" screen GPS and ARINC 429 output but not get carried away with XM weather, apporach plates, etc. I guess a strong VFR GPS for the light sport catagory is what I'm looking for.

Etienne

I'm considering building an auxiliary unit that interfaces with the EFIS (and maybe even the EMS) which runs on a laptop, and outputs to one of the in-car DVD screens. I've found one with similar specs to the 7" D100 screen, which would work quite well. If I do end up developing it, I'll post the results here.

The whole system, incl laptop and screen can be assembled by anyone who is capable of installing the efis/ems and would probably cost around R6000, or about $500 (depending on what laptop you can get hold of).

Then you can run GPS software (like Fugawi) on the laptop and have a full moving map, as well as having the logging capabilities, winds aloft, Flight Director, etc. etc. all on a small screen.

I'll keep you posted on the developments.

P.S. this may also be a solution to those who are having problems with the depth of the D-100 - some of the in-car dvd screen are very slim, and most of them accept a video input, which most laptops can supply.