New fuel sensor not functioning

Jaque

Approaching my first flight on my CH750, UL350is, I swapped out the unused Kavlico 101716 0-50psi fuel sensor with the updated 150psi 103757 sensor as per the service bulletin. The new sensor was mapped into the Dynon HDX and climbs to proper electric pump pressure (48-49psi) but when the engine is running, it stays there and actually goes up a bit to 50 psi (into the yellow zone). Placing an analog gauge on the fuel supply side shows 48 on the pump and 40 when the engine is running, right where it should be.
I then put the original 716 sensor into the system and it works fine, reading the same as the analog gauge.
Anybody have a similar experience with the new so called upgraded sensor? I’m assuming it is a dud but want to make sure I didn’t miss something.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Any chance you selected the differential version of the sensor file for the new Kavlico in SENSOR INPUT MAPPING? There are two KAV V2 sensor files, one also has DIFF in the name and takes manifold pressure into account and adjusts the reading accordingly. It will cause the reading to do exactly as you describe, correct when engine not running and wrong when engine is running.

Jaque

Hi Don. I’m the same guy who queried Michael at ACS? I’ll verify the correct selection but I only “remember” seeing the one pic for the new number.
I take it that t doesn’t matter if I do have a MAP sensor?

RV8JD

The selection screen looks like this. You may have to scroll down to find the right sensor. Don't pick the "DIFF" sensor!

i-B5kc3kB-M.png

After selecting the new sensors:

i-B4KdTP8-M.png