oil temp but no pressure

Pilotlight11

I love flying!
I swapped out my 7" skyview and installed a 10T in its place. I downloaded the latest system files and installed the on the 10".

Everything seems to be okay EXCEPT there is evidently no recognition of the Oil Pressure sensor. I get the big red X on the gauge on the display.

I thought maybe the wire from the sending unit to the 220 may have gotten broken, but was able to verify the continuity of the wire.

During my renovation of the dash I did not fool around with any of the EMS but did add a 470, and GPS2020 and am now using a serial buss rather that the 220 plugging directly into the back of the skyview, but I have verified that this is not an issue.

Have I failed to somehow reconfigure the new 10T?

There is no ability to select a Rotax 914 in the configuration so I used "other".

Thanks
Bob R.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It's not clear how you set up the new display - did you export settings from the 7" display and reimport them into the 10" display? Or do you have another display in the system that allowed the settings to propagate into the existing one? Or did you manually set up the new one? If the last option, I'm wondering if you just didn't set the right sensor for oil pressure in the pin mapping. There are three possible Rotax oil pressure sensor choices, depending on the age of the sensor. If you have a 914, you almost definitely have either the "(HONEYWELL)" or the "(ROTAX P/N 456180)" one, which behind the scenes are the same sensor. You are less likely to have the "(MECHANICAL)" version.

You could also look at the sensor debug menu in EMS setup to see what the EMS thinks its seeing signal-wise on that pin.