Pin connectors for OAT skyview

rfazio1951

Somehow I cut off the pin connectors while routing the network and OAT wiring to the rear of my RV-6. I thought the OAT wires were part of the network wiring. Anyway where can I get some new pins? What is the official name of those pins? I would like to replace them with the same thing. Thanks

swaneymj

I believe this is correct:
Connector:
Molex Micro-Fit P/N 43645-0200 (Digi-Key P/N WM1845-ND)

Pins for above:
Molex Micro-Fit P/N 43030-0007 (Digi-Key P/N WM1837-ND)

Wires (Dynon standard)
White w/Black - 22 AWG Tefzel - M22759/16-22-90

Connections for above:
The OAT is non-polarized; either wire can connect to either pin. The OAT wiring can be extended as required.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yep - you got it. That data is now in the back of the installation guide (as of 3.0's). And you can always download the latest version of all our documentation at http://dynonavionics.com/docs/support_documentation.html.

RVDan

I love flying!
The Official Molex crimp tool for these pins is $200+ which is kind of expensive for 4 crimps (2 probes). Does anyone know of a suitable low cost crimper that will do the job.  I just hate soldering pins that are intended to be crimped.

Dan

paxhia

I have Waldom crimper ($15) that I have used for 10 yrs. Works fine for the occasional crimps as I recall its called the Hobby or expeimenter model.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The OAT ships with the pins installed. This is only an issue if you cut them off. You can always extend the wire and put your own connectors in the middle if you want.

RVDan

I love flying!
The wires were about 2x the required length so want to trim to length. Any model number or other spec on the Waldom crimper. It sounds just like I am looking for. at least cost wise anyhow.

paxhia

There are other sources but here is one.
TOOL,CRIMPING,HAND,MOLEX,FOR .062 INCH AND .093 INCH CONTACTS
Jameco Part no. 227491
Manufacturer
WALDOM ELECTRONICS
Manufacturer no.
W-HT-1921
Catalog 123 , page 60

dabear

If you just want to crimp two wires, you might try your local aircraft repair shop that does electronics. They might let you use the expensive crimpers while they watch.

RVDan

I love flying!
I tried a crimper carried by B&C speciality as BCT-1 which has the B crimp shape in 3 sizes. For the OAT I used the D cavity which is designed for AWG 20-22 and it worked perfectly. No distortion of the pin and passes a pull test. They give a perfect crimp. The crimpers are mfg by Sargent model 1026CT.

It is notable that the jaws are compound hinged to close parallel rather than pivoting on a point. My Waldom crimpers are a simple pivot point and seemed to distort the pin quite a bit more than these crimpers.

Dynon, I might recommend you provide this info in the manual where you list the pin P/Ns.