Pitot Probe Installation

azscotts

RV-7A N696JS (reserved)
I did a bunch of searching and did not see anyone talking about the actual installation of the pitot probe, plumbing etc. so I will ask the question. In looking at my Gretz mount it looks like I will have to flare the tube once the pitot is on the wing and I am wondering how I am going to get my flaring tool up in there and be able to maneuver around to do this :question

Second Question: Where are you guys running your AOA line at :question

I am thinking of drilling another hole in the ribs and installing the snap bushings (trying to picture this) between the first and second lightening hole close to the flange of the rib near the top skin.

Does that make sense to anyone :question

I would like some insight as to what other builders or even Dynon is suggesting at this point. I am getting ready to close out the left wing and dont want to paint myself into a corner.

Thanks!

Scott

ksouthar

I used compression fittings on the pitot and aoa. Both are connected to nylon tubing also using compression fittings. No need to work around a flaring tool. I installed my pitot tube after the wing was completely closed up with no difficulty. I did have the Gretz mount and the tubing installed before closing the wing.

Drill another hole in the rib and install snap bushings to route the AOA line......

Keith
n162u@hotmail.com

N355RV
RV9A
Flying!