%power not showing any percentage

Corefile

I’m not getting any percentages for my %power and I’m also not getting any numbers of HP, looking for what was missed in my configuration setting. The engine HP was set in the setup menu - any guidance on what else could cause it to be getting snow the %?

10.8.2 Specific Widget and Info Item Data Requirements
In order for the % Power and LOP/ROP status info items to calculate values, the following data must be present / conditions must be met:
• Barometric altitude (from an SV-ADAHRS-200/201) must be present.
• EMS SETUP > ENGINE INFORMATION > ENGINE TYPE must be set to Lycoming/Continental. Percent power calculations are not available for other engine types at this time.
• EMS SETUP > ENGINE INFORMATION > HORSEPOWER must be set.
• OAT sensor installed / working.
• Fuel flow sensor must be installed and configured.
• MAP sensor must be installed and configured.

These are all configured and verified, except the first bullet item, Barometric - I believe it’s present?? I get an attitude reading and when I change the altimeter setting my altitude changes. I assume that means barometric altitude is present?

Last edited:

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If you have valid altitude, you have the required barometric altitude. Are all of the above actually reading valid values (OAT, FF, MAP)? Did you do anything particularly custom with the fuel flow sensor setup (naming it, etc)?

Corefile

If you have valid altitude, you have the required barometric altitude. Are all of the above actually reading valid values (OAT, FF, MAP)? Did you do anything particularly custom with the fuel flow sensor setup (naming it, etc)?
@Dynon Yes I'm getting OAT, FF, and MAP. As for anything custom with the fuel flow, I'll have to check - which menu page would have the fuel flow name - what is the default?

Corefile

Just to close this out - it’s working - I’m not sure the minimum HP is required before it starts displaying - but it does show up now during flight

RV8JD

I’m not sure the minimum HP is required before it starts displaying - but it does show up now during flight
I'm not sure what the minimum HP required is before it displays %Power either, but even inflight at low power settings it doesn't display %Power, as shown in the screenshot below. I know it displays at power settings as low as 32% (2nd screenshot below), but haven't checked to see exactly at what minimum power setting it does display at.

i-dgMmKHJ-M.jpg

And here at 32% Power, it is displayed:

i-2b7vHj4-M.jpg

Last edited: