Problems with HDX data manager

ilateapex

I have subscribed to Seattle Avionics data for my Skyview HDX and have tried twice now to download data and failed. I have the data manager installed. The USB drives configured. The down loader does it's thing but the HDX will not recognize the data. When I install the updated drives the screens just get stuck displaying HDX. Any ideas on what to try? When I install the original drives as provided by my installer everything works but data is out of date.

Thanks,

Michael

kellym

I love flying!
I have subscribed to Seattle Avionics data for my Skyview HDX and have tried twice now to download data and failed. I have the data manager installed. The USB drives configured. The down loader does it's thing but the HDX will not recognize the data. When I install the updated drives the screens just get stuck displaying HDX. Any ideas on what to try? When I install the original drives as provided by my installer everything works but data is out of date.

Thanks,

Michael
It is likely your USB sticks. There is a long standing issue that some systems will recognize one identical stick and not another. I've swapped sticks with a friend to solve. His wouln't work in his Dynon HDX, but did work in my Classic. My identical SanDisk Ultra fit worked in both, so we swapped.
I think Dynon tech support has found it very difficult to find the source of the problem, so it still persists. USB sticks of 32GB or 16GB work best, bigger ones are more likely to have problems.

ilateapex

They are 32 GB SanDisk. Software v16 is not available for the Certified yet so it seems. Maybe I should get some more sticks and try again.

Michael

spectre6573

I had the same issue where it would try to load the data from the usb but just fail and fail. Emailed them and they said it could just be the usb. Pulled out a different one and it solved the issues.

RV8JD

System software v16.0.1 (and later) was supposed to have fixed this issue with certain USB sticks:

- Fixed: SkyView now works with USB memory sticks that would previously inhibit the display's ability to power on correctly.

Ref: https://dynonavionics.com/skyview-hdx-software-updates.php
They are 32 GB SanDisk. Software v16 is not available for the Certified yet so it seems. Maybe I should get some more sticks and try again.

Michael
Yup. I didn't check to see what subforum your question was posted in before I replied. Hopefully Dynon will release updated system software soon for their Certified equipment that fixes the problem (and include other improvements), like they did for their equipment for Experimental aircraft.

Last edited:

ilateapex

I tried some new usb drives and they allow the HDX to boot but no maps displayed. I’m afraid to reprogram my working drives for fear they will no longer work.

Michael