Remote Magnetic indicator not detected

JohnH

I have had a D100 running successfully in my RV-7 for more than 2 years. Recently I get the error message, "Remote Magnetic indicator not detected". When the unit starts up, it does detect the unit and displays the heading, but shortly after that it will no longer detect it. Sometimes this is within seconds of booting up and others it is minutes later. In this case it also has the OAT connected to it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Has anything else changed? Upgraded firmware on the D100? Any wiring changes?

When the error message comes up, does rebooting the unit bring the heading back immediately?

JohnH

No, nothing has changed at all. No firmware upgrades. I disconnected the 9 pin plug at the EDC-10A to check it out and check if the unit was receiving voltage from the EFIS. It now does not detect it, even on boot-up.

I am in the process of installing the AP74 and 2 servos and will do a firmaware upgrade today. This problem seemed to come from the aircraft standing in the sun and rain for about a week at the coast. Is there some way I can run a test on the EDC-10A unit itself?

JohnH

More information on the above that may be related. The OAT also stopped working. Initially it would bring up the compass on re-boot. But as I said before, this has now stopped.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Well you're certainly losing communcation between the EDC and the EFIS (the OAT is nominally connected to the EDC, and it's output is processed by it). The issue can be at the EDC or EFIS end though - they both have communication chips that need to be working right for everything to work. Give tech support a call at 425-402-0433 for further help.