Required Cables for various SkyView Modules

PlaneDan

I love flying!
The only discussion I see on this is about D9 cables, but looking at the Transponder, it clearly does not use a D9 cable. Where can I find what cable is required for each module?

Also, if I already have my autopilot connected to my D10A and want to switch it to the SkyView, do I need the new cable, or can I just switch the network wire and add the other two that were not used by the D10A?

Thank you,

PlaneDan

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So the SkyView installation guide covers all of the different connectors required for all of the different products. The basic answer though is: If it's a SkyView Network device, it uses a common D9 SkyView connector. These include ADHARS, EMS, ARINC, COM Radio.

Other devices like the transponder and ADS-B module are serial devices to SkyView and generally use either a D15, D25, or other connector that has all of the connections, including power, data in, other things as required, as well as serial wires which connect to serial ports on your SkyView displays(s).

The autopilot servos are SkyView Network devices, but, unlike the other low power SkyView Network devices, need to have power/ground split out. We have the SV-NET-SERVO cable which provides for this, but given you are retrofitting, you can indeed add the other two data wires, and along with all of the other wires (save power and ground) route that into your SkyView Network connections. Many people that do this end up putting those into a D9, either through our cable or on their own, because it helps make the interface with the rest of the SkyView Network components a bit easier.

PlaneDan

I love flying!
So, where is it stated what cables are needed for which modules, and where can I get these cables? I am hoping the answer is that they will come along with my order for the SkyView system.

PlaneDan.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
SkyView Network cables are available in different lengths depending on where things are going to the aircraft, and how you use things like optional hubs and splitters to create more SkyView Network connectors when you need them depends on what your system configuration look like. The installation guide has pretty comprehensive information on how everything goes together. And though they aren't completely comprehensive (and slightly out-of-date), these two brochures have some good information:

http://www.dynonavionics.com/downloads/Literature/Dynon-SkyView-WorkSheet-HiRes.pdf has example configurations that are modelled on RV installs. You don't want to just buy everything on the lists without considering your aircraft configuration and layout.

http://www.dynonavionics.com/downloads/Literature/Dynon-SkyView-Flyer-Aug2012.pdf gives you a bit of context around how things connect together with the different network connections.

You can also give us a call at 425-402-0433, and, some of our more technical dealers like Aerotronics, Stein Air, and Aircraft Spruce can provide some more assistance in terms of helping you figure out the pieces that you need to order for your desired configuration.