Rotax CHT questions

rgmullins

I am installing a Skyview on a Rotax 912 My first problem is the Rotax installation only monitors 2 cylinders for CHT and EGT but the system display shows it in monitoring 4. Is there a way to only display the 2 that are being monitored?

Secondly, I cannot get any CHT readings. I went into the sersor setup and I am using pin 4 and pin 22 on the D37 connector. I am using theDynon harness.

thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It sounds like you may have missed these topics in the installation manual. The latest version is always available at http://dynonavionics.com/docs/support_documentation.html. The setting for the # of CHTs/EGTs is under EMS>SETUP>GLOBAL. For the Rotax CHTs to work, you have to have the GP inputs set to Rotax CHT per the manual.

rgmullins

Can you tell me the pages that reference this information? Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I scanned the entire installation manual again (the link you provided) and could not find this. I also used the search function in Adobe for the word "global" and came back with no matches, and none of the "Rotax" matches were any help.

When I go into setup - EMS - there is no Global option

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Apologies for the misleading reply. The reference above to "EMS>SETUP>GLOBAL" applies to our D10/D100 series engine monitors.

In SkyView, the Rotax temperature sensors are connected to contacts on the 37-pin harness, all of which are considered "General Purpose" inputs. You need to have the appropriate pins on the 37-pin connector properly setup as Rotax temperature devices.

If you are still seeing other CHT and/or EGT items on the engine monitoring page, you will need to refer to the Thermocouple sensors section (on the 25-pin connector) and ensure that all thermocouple sensors are set to "none".

All of these sensor setups are performed using the following SkyView setup menu: EMS Setup / Sensor Input Mapping.