Screen reboots constantly

airguy

I have a dual-SV-10" with software 14.0, just prior to first flight doing taxi testing in my 9A. Today my second (right side) screen started something new - it boots completely and comes up with it's normal screen, stays that way about 30-40 seconds, and then reboots. The reboot starts all the way back at the original Dynon logo screen and proceeds normally to the flight display, and then the cycle repeats. Interestingly I managed to get it into setup mode and capture a diagnostic file WITHOUT it rebooting, though the process to record the diagnostic file took quite a bit longer than it normally lasted before a reboot, so I'm thinking the cause is software based.

I don't know if this has any bearing on the issue or not, but my standard startup procedure is to start the left screen only on the backup battery, start the engine, then engage the avionics master and bring up the power for both screens and the rest of the system. This might (or might not) have something to do with the issue I'm seeing. I'm just trying to avoid losing my EMS engine readouts on startup this way, I would hate to go 30 seconds waiting for bootup to find out I have no oil pressure. I also installed the next-cycle aviation and obstacle database effective next week before this problem started, in case that matters. I did the 1-2-5 reboot on the right screen, and powered them both down with avionics master and restarted, no change.

Please give me a place to send the diagnostic file so we can figure out what is happening here.

Garrett

I love flying!
I have a 10" and a 7" both screens also started intermittently flashing red X's on the PFD since the 14 SW upgrades if both ADHRS had failed. At the same time I also had added WiFi adapters to the system. I have since removed the adapters to eliminate that factor. I will also copy the diagnostic file before next flight.

preid

Airguy- I start up exactly the way you do, have for 4 years. The only time I have had issues was due to power, or lack of enough of it to keep the display running. I went to the battery before start, and electronics on after engine start to provide current that the alternator provides.
I had an issue with one of my displays rebooting on takeoff, than I had insane EGT readings on one of my EGTs, as well as crazy and constant RPM alerts, I saw the RPM ay 2300rpm fly to 2800 and back and forth, couldnt stop it. I have flown once since and everything went back to the normal before the v14 upgrade. I have not see it reboot either.
Not sure if it will return again, but a complete power off and reboot of the complete system appears to have reset it back to pre- v14, thus far.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Airguy - please do send a diagnostic log from that screen to http://dynon.aero/reportlog. Please make sure to identify this thread and your forum identity so that we can map it back to you here and in our support system.

Garrett - How often do you see the red Xes? How long does it last when it occurs? Does it affect just the PFD display? What about the EMS? In your case, please get a diagnostic log from BOTH displays. If you're able to zip everything together (or just clearly note that you have 2 uploads for us when you send each display's log) and submit them to http://dynon.aero/reportlog, and as above, identify this thread and your forum identity so that we can map it back to you here and in our support system.

airguy

Airguy - please do send a diagnostic log from that screen to http://dynon.aero/reportlog. Please make sure to identify this thread and your forum identity so that we can map it back to you here and in our support system.

It's headed upstream to you as I type this.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you sent the Dynon Diagnostic File, unfortunately it's not an instantaneous analysis. We are still trying to find what is causing this. If you prefer not to wait for an analysis, we can arrange for you to send in your SkyView display for repair. Please advise Technical Support via email what you'd like to do.

Dynon - any news on this? I have received no contact from anyone at tech support.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Unfortunately, at times, we're busy with other callers (sometimes very long-winded; one memorable caller this week tied one of us up for an hour). Occasionally, like yesterday, and today, we're short-staffed in Technical Support. EVERY VOICE MAIL gets a return call. If you're not bothering to leave VM... well, we have no info with which to call you back.

We'll try to cross-reference your Forum ID with your email and see if something is "stuck" and get you at least an acknowledgement email.

UPDATE: We returned your VM, issued an RMA for your display, and updated your Forum profile with your current email address.

Still waiting, still no contact from Tech Support

And nobody answers the tech support hotline. This just keeps getting better and better.