Seperate output line for AOA

N750NM

Would it be possible to get a separate output line for the AOA (in addition to the audio signal), that could for example be used to drive a stick shaker? I recently saw a demo of stick shaker (fairly easy to make) and believe that in a stress situation that is a much more effective warning of an impending stall than an audio signal.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The AOA information is part of the EFIS data stream, so if you're a software/hardware guy, it's already possible. Beyond that, interesting thought, but there's no discrete output that could close to drive a motor (or more realistically switch a relay that allows one to be driven) today.

vlittle

Would it be possible to get a separate output line for the AOA (in addition to the audio signal), that could for example be used to drive a stick shaker? I recently saw a demo of stick shaker (fairly easy to make) and believe that in a stress situation that is a much more effective warning of an impending stall than an audio signal.
I'm flying behind a stick shaker of my own design that sniffs data from a d10a or a SV serial stream. Impossible to ignore and better than the visual display i designed a few years ago for AOA. It uses a custom driver board and a special stick mounted actuator. 'Fairly easy to make' is only the opinion of someone who has never made one!

It can be programmed as a progressive AOA indicator or as a stall warning device. Flight testing continues. It also works with other than Dynon EFIS systems.

Cheers, Vern
Vx Aviation

Making the Skunks Work

vlittle

Here's an update on the prototype stick shaker for the SkyView (and D10x):

Proto production version hardware is complete, now flight testing and tweaking the algorithms.

Vern

Attachments

• M-PWR-1.jpg
    M-PWR-1.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 120
  • shaker.jpg
    shaker.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 134