Serial TX to Garmin 330GX

fpullanojr

After the install process, I'm now putting the airplane back together for a test flight but I've run into a problem that is annoying me.

I have installed a Garmin 330GX but It doesn't seem to want to read altitude data from the Skyview.

I'm using Serial Port 4 TX set for ICARUS and (tried every baud rate)

The 330 is set to received on RS232 Port2 ICARUS

There doesn't seem to be any indication that the 330 can see the Skyview.

So, is there some kind of easy way to check for a serial data flow coming out of the skyview without tearing out all of th wiring?  Yea, I know, it's a pretty stupid question but I asked anyway.

schristo

the setup screen for the display includes data flow by port... also make sure that you have set the data rate to 9600

fpullanojr

I do see the RX flow on the screen but I can't confirm the data is actually going out. The baud rate of 9600 is something that I couldn't seem to find in any of the documentation I read through but it's obviously helpful to know that specific rate is used. Thanks.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It is 9600 baud. Double check that you're setting up the correct serial port number for the wire you've connected. If the 330 is getting the altitude data, you'll get the pressure altitude reading on its screen.

mmarien

Murray M.
I don't have the 330, but the manual for the GTX327 shows a RS232 input page in the setup. It displays what you are getting on the two RS232 channels.