Settings file help for D-1000 to HDX upgrade

Bill_H

I love flying!
I have a 2012 D-1000 in my RV12 and am about to upgrade to an HDX. I intend to save my D1000 settings file then upload it into the new HDX.
I know I will have to rebuild my engine instrument layouts, that's no problem. Very familiar with doing that.
I've searched the forum and haven't found any specific guide for the software aspect of this upgrade.
I get the impression that I should edit some things in the settings file from the D-1000 before uploading it into the HDX. But I find no specifics about that in searching the forum. (I HATE to ask questions without searching first!) I'm capable of understanding / editing the settings file - but ... edit what?

If you can direct me to any document or thread about this I would appreciate it. Checked the manuals.
Does anything else have to be manually entered? I assume maybe Tach and Hobbs time? Maybe even stuff like the N-Number and other parameters???
I figured that writing down or screenshotting just about every parameter before the transfer might also be a good idea.

Anything else I should know about doing this? I know I need 2 new nutplates.
I'd be happy to write a guide about it for the future reference of others when I am done.

Thanks - Bill H.

Rhino

I don't believe there's much, if anything, to edit. Your calibration settings, servos, fuel, compass, etc., will not export, so those will have to be re-accomplished no matter what. Much of what's left should repopulate automatically if it's not in the export file.

RV8JD

Check out Post #12 of this thread. I would note your Tach and Hobbs time from your D-1000 just in case. Might check with Dynon for the latest "bottomband.dfg" file. Also note the first sentence in Post #9 from Dynon Support.

Here is another thread:

Last edited:

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Due to a quirk in the setting files between HDX and prior, uploading the elder unit's settings to the new will wipe out the bottom bar on the HDX. Our support team can send you a file to restore that, or, you can start from scratch, as it sounds like you are comfortable.

Beyond that, there are some items that don't upload, such as tach and Hobbs time, and maybe a couple of calibrations. For things like Tach/Hobbs though, even though they don't import (by design, so that you don't accidently retime an engine or aircraft by uploading settings), They ARE exported in the settings file, which is just text and human-readable, if you need to look them up there.