Shipping to Canada

mmarien

Murray M.
It would be nice if you could ship USPS to Canada. I was charged $100 brokerage fees by UPS on a $1000 purchase. That is an extra 10%. If you ship by USPS I get charged less than $10 by Canada Post to handle the customs duties.

Aveo, VANS and Allen's Fasteners all shipped by USPS Priority Mail in the last couple of months and I got the items in about a week. Same shipping costs as UPS without the exorbitant brokerage fees.

vlittle

It would be nice if you could ship USPS to Canada. I was charged $100 brokerage fees by UPS on a $1000 purchase. That is an extra 10%. If you ship by USPS I get charged less than $10 by Canada Post to handle the customs duties.

Aveo, VANS and Allen's Fasteners all shipped by USPS Priority Mail in the last couple of months and I got the items in about a week. Same shipping costs as UPS without the exorbitant brokerage fees.

I've found a freight forwarder in Washington State so that American companies don't have to deal with figuring this out. I pay the extra fees and clear customs myself and it's much cheaper and faster.

Vern

mmarien

Murray M.
It's pretty simple Vern. Ship USPS. Most suppliers will if asked. I supplied a short list of some that do.

Some companies just don't accept UPS or Fedex shipments from the USA. Scroll own near the bottom of this web page for shipping instructions. http://www.sdsefi.com/

Please note that there are NO duties when shipping to Canada because of NAFTA. There are Canadian sales taxes which I don't mind paying. Hey, I'm Canadian eh :). It's when I'm charged $100 to collect $50 in taxes that ticks me off. Especially when Canada Post only charges $10.

vlittle

It's pretty simple Vern. Ship USPS. Most suppliers will if asked. I supplied a short list of some that do.

Some companies just don't accept UPS or Fedex shipments from the USA. Scroll own near the bottom of this web page for shipping instructions. http://www.sdsefi.com/

Please note that there are NO duties when shipping to Canada because of NAFTA. There are Canadian sales taxes which I don't mind paying. Hey, I'm Canadian eh :). It's when I'm charged $100 to collect $50 in taxes that ticks me off. Especially when Canada Post only charges $10.

Not so easy with large packages, and shipping clerks always make the mistake of us the USPS International Priority Mail, which is a minimum $25 (US) charge even though you tell them over and over again just to use first class mail for the bag of screws. Also, the Priority Mail actually takes longer!

I wish that shipping departments actually cared about this, but in reality, they make money on shipping because of their discounts (with UPS and Fedex), so are motivated not to use USPS.

So my rule is: if it can't be shipped by USPS first class mail, it gets sent to my freight forwarder. It's faster and cheaper.

mmarien

Murray M.
Vern

One thing we can agree on is that shipping UPS or Fedex to Canada from USA is not a good option for us on the receiving end. Dynon is now aware of the problem. The online store tells me they don't ship to Canada but I had a very positive experience with Dynon sales on the telephone. Dynon seem to be able to come up with some good solutions. Hopefully they can solve this one.