Show IFD440 COMM in top bar

Menudo98

Serial port for IFD 440 (PORT 4 on my system) not an option on comm output for top bar. Can Skyview display IFD 440 COMM in the top bar? I can display my COMM 2 radio SL30 with no problem. Wondering if it’s a Skyview or Avidyne issue, thank you.

kurtfly

I love flying!
I do not believe Skyview is able to talk to the VHF Comm section of the IFD XXX.

birddog486

I love flying!
If you get a response from Avidyne, Please let us know if this is possible. I'd like to see the IFD440 freq displayed also

Menudo98

Hey everyone, Avidyne wasn’t helpful. Told me to ask my installer, which was me! I will keep digging, but I’m think unless a software patch comes out it’s not going to work.

Marc_J._Zeitlin

Hey everyone, Avidyne wasn’t helpful. Told me to ask my installer, which was me! I will keep digging, but I’m think unless a software patch comes out it’s not going to work.
I looked through a copy of the IFD-440 install manual and could find nothing about talking to an EFIS over a serial line with SL-30 protocol. Doesn't mean it isn't there - just that I couldn't find it.

Menudo98

I looked through a copy of the IFD-440 install manual and could find nothing about talking to an EFIS over a serial line with SL-30 protocol. Doesn't mean it isn't there - just that I couldn't find it.
Thank you, I actually told Dynon that my 440 was an SL30 and it x’ed out the comm boxes. I also tried every other system that comes up on the Dynon none worked. When I label the 440 as a G430 it doesn’t give me the option to select the 440. I think it’s something Avidyne didn’t consider. I think it will take software update to fix. Thanks for looking.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There isn't currently a way to get the Avidyne (or Garmin integrated GPS/NAV) radio status on the top bar. That functionality is available on devices that use the SL30/40 serial format (which includes the SL30/40, the newer generation G radios, and a couple others)