Sky view 1000 freeze and shut down.

korspich

I have a sky view 1000 in my RV7a. The screen freezes into multi coloured vertical columns of lines and stays like this until I shut it off or sometimes it shuts itself off. When it shuts off by itself it reboots the screen comes on for a few seconds then it goes through the same cycle. This  is rather disconcerting when on approach over trees to a narrow strip. This occurred 3 times about 9 months ago after the aircraft had sat in the hangar unused for 3 months. The problem has suddenly come back. The aircraft is flown several times a week at the moment. Serial number 2017.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We definitely want to see your display here. One thing to check first is whether or not it's subject to this service bulletin. But please get in touch with our support team directly at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com.

If you can grab a diagnostic log from the display via SETUP > SYSTEM SOFTWARE > EXPORT DYNON DIAGNOSTIC FILE within an hour of one of these events, that may help us see a root cause for what you're seeing too. You'll want to do that while not in flight, though (it takes a few minutes).

korspich

I have sent the data download to OneDrive, you should have an email link to the information. The unit is not one of the ones mentioned in the recall SB. Looking forward to see what you find if anything. I am going to install a Dynon Skyview in the Glasair 3 that I am building so it will be interesting to see if it is an installation problem , hardware or software issue. :)