SkyView 10 Software Released

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The first major part of The New SkyView has been released: SkyView 10 software is now available for download for all SkyView systems. SkyView 10 includes some of our most exciting new features yet, like six-pack flight instrument mode, VFR and IFR enroute charting, twin and large engine support, and more. SkyView 10 also has support for SkyView Touch and the Knob and Autopilot Control Panels, both of which are expected to be available in April.

As always, updated documentation is available, with red-line versions that capture the changes since 7.1. There’s a full set of release notes that details every feature, improvement, and bug fix.

If you’re a US customer and have a Seattle Avionics ChartData subscription, SkyView 10 adds the ability to overlay Sectionals and IFR Lo/High en-route charts on the map. Your $99 yearly subscription already includes it - another perk of choosing Dynon - but you’ll need an updated data manager that will download them. (The datamanager usually auto-updates, but the release that supports Dynon charts hasn’t made it there yet.)

Finally, if you have our SV-XPNDR-261 or SV-XPNDR-262, there is a new service bulletin that may apply to you. Although it mostly applies to aircraft that have both our transponder AND an IFR GPS, please read it thoroughly to ensure that your ADS-B Out capability is in compliance with requirements.

jeffa

I've tried to update 3 times now. Skyview will not highlight  "Upgrade System Software" nor will it load from the "Load Files" menu. All Skyview components are powered on.

I've re-downloaded to the USB 3 times, and each time the file keeps getting bigger.  Am I downloading faster than you can upload?

Also, the duc file on the Skyview update page is missing the External Version and Product ID, unlike the previous versions I've installed (7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1).

Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
When you select LOAD FILES, do you see the file SKYVIEW_10.0_US_PACKAGE_MAR27.DUC on your USB flash drive?

Downloading the file from the website would create duplicate files (ending in (1), (2), etc. - not making the file larger.

After we refreshed the website for the availability of SkyView 10, we tested the file download and it is working normally (perhaps a little slow at times from the onslaught of eager SkyView pilots)  ;)

I've tried to update 3 times now. Skyview will not highlight  "Upgrade System Software" nor will it load from the "Load Files" menu. All Skyview components are powered on.

I've re-downloaded to the USB 3 times, and each time the file keeps getting bigger.  Am I downloading faster than you can upload?

Also, the duc file on the Skyview update page is missing the External Version and Product ID, unlike the previous versions I've installed (7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1).

Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow?

jeffa

I've tried two different USB drives (both have worked flawlessly before). I've used IE and Safari Chrome to download (no idea if that matters). Each time, I delete the old file before downloading again. Each time the file is a different size (60.2MB, 71.2MB, 75.8MB, etc.)

All components are powered up. "Upgrade System Software" does not highlight. Pressing LOAD from "Load Files" page below shows me the load was successful, but that message shows up in about 1 second...so I know nothing actually happened. You'll notice below that there is no External Version or Product ID listed....

I have not tried to download from a different computer.

0psd.png

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The actual file size is 104155 KBYTES, so it appears that you're not getting a complete file downloaded.

<snip>
Each time the file is a different size (60.2MB, 71.2MB, 75.8MB, etc.)
<snip>

Edwardoc

I love flying!
Concerning the engine sensor definitions, the "whats new" has the following statement, "You must have the June 2013 version of the Engine Sensor Definition File loaded to enable this capability." How do I ensure I have the June 2013 version? I don't recall loading that and I have custom engine displays on the EMS and not sure I loaded a new SFG file when I updated the firmware last. :)

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It should really say "or later" (it does now). If you updated using one of the packages, you have the latest. If you used method two and downloaded your files separately, grab the latest sensor file from http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/support_software_SkyView.html

Edwardoc

I love flying!
I have downloaded the new engine sensor SFG file (Mar 2014) but not loaded it to the SV yet. Under "whats new" there is a note that for the Pin 23 to be activated and the new change to take effect, I must have the June 2013 or later engine sensor definitions already loaded. I don't think I loaded that file as I used method 2 when I updated to 7.0.1 and only updated the firmware, not the SFG file. How do I find and NOW down load the June 2013 definitions for loading to SV before I load the Mar 2014 SFG file to the SV. Or is that necessary as it states for Pin 23 to be activated? Is the June 2013 file still on the web site somewhere? :cool:

Edwardoc

I love flying!
I downloaded 10.0 firmware only using method 2 but have not installed on the SV yet. The file is 75.8 MB according to the file data tag. Is that the correct file size for 10.0 firmware only? :-?

swatson999

First download was 95MB, and failed to load onto SV (obviously...I stupidly didn't check the filesize before trying).

Trying again, but this seems like you may have a problem on your server side or something.

swatson999

Oh, and when a file upload *fails* (presumably because it never got past the initial size/checksum check), your system shouldn't say "Upload Successful" :)

lindsayj

I downloaded 10.0 firmware only using method 2 but have not installed on the SV yet.  The file is 75.8 MB according to the file data tag.  Is that the correct file size for 10.0 firmware only? :-?

Mine is 74.034 MB on the stick using method 2 two times. I've not tried to download to the system yet. Won't until I'm sure we know what's happening. Jack L

swatson999

2nd attempt to download hung at 74.2 MB...unresponsive, no further progress for several minutes.

One more try with a different browser, then I give up until tomorrow.

Too bad.

jeffa

I'm doing Method 1 - US Quick Update Package to SkyView 10.0.

I fought with it all afternoon at work....probably 8 times total. Never got anywhere close to 90MB. Just got home and downloaded it in one shot using Chrome. 104156 KB just like they said. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try the upload.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The "Method 1" US version should be 104,156 KB
The "Method 2" version should be 74,034 KB
(you might see +/-1 1KB based on how your OS rounds)

Sorry people are having issues- we don't know what's up. We've downloaded it here with IE, Firefox, and Chrome, multiple times, all without issues. The server is a professionally hosted website, not a server at Dynon, so we look just like any other client to the web server, so we're not sure what is different. We're assuming it's just so many Dynon users wanting v10 that they are crashing the whole internet ;)

lindsayj

The "Method 2" version should be 74,034 KB

Great: I'll upload to the system in a day or so and let you know if any trouble. Was able to download Florida and Georgia sectionals and Lo Enroutes to my stick without issues so far. We'll see how they look on SV soon. Can't wait. Jack L ;D

ned

I love flying!
Downloaded one time to a Dynon issued USB stick and had no issues. uploaded to Skyview with no issues. You do have to be patient with the upload to Skyview.

Wal_Thompson

No really - I totally love flying!
Would it be possible to publish checksums for these files? That way we can eliminate the chance of having a broken download as the source of an installation problem...
For reference, my copy is

1dda34b27f294af657ddd415e81b9045 (SkyView-10.0-dynon_update.dup)

dzubot

I love flying!
I just downloaded the method 2 software with no problems in canada and it came to 75.8 MB. This is more then one or two kb difference from the 74,034 kb it should be.