Skyview compatibility with TruTrak

BBGLASAIR

Hi all, does anybody actually have Skyview driving a TruTrak A/P?  I've spent a few hours today trying to get T/Trak to accept SV's signal.
Maybe I'm missing something here. I have Pin 4 (orange/brown wire) correctly connected to T/Trak. In SET-UP menu, I have Serial Port 1 Tx allocated, and the Tx figures are ticking over. I have that output set to NMEA OUT (basic). I also tried NMEA(Full), but still no success. I have a single SV screen, Version 4.0, and my T/Trak is the latest version V 2.53 just back from upgrading after a fault. I remember back a few months there was an issue with this. Thanks in advance.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Can't say we're aware of any issue there, but the output's designed to look the same way a 696 output does, since the Garmin products are so ubiquitous. Make sure the output baud rate is set to match the TT (likely accepts 9600?)

GalinHdz

Can't say we're aware of any issue there, but the output's designed to look the same way a 696 output does, since the Garmin products are so ubiquitous. Make sure the output baud rate is set to match the TT (likely accepts 9600?)

So I take it that it should also drive a TRIO autopilot since it accepts the Garmin x96 data? :cool:

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It should. Be aware that by "drive" a Trio or TT, we also mean in the same way a 696 could. We give it track data, and data from our map such as a flight plan. It can't do anything that a 696 couldn't, such as turning the AP on/off, or getting it to fly an approach.

GalinHdz

It should. Be aware that by "drive" a Trio or TT, we also mean in the same way a 696 could. We give it track data, and data from our map such as a flight plan. It can't do anything that a 696 couldn't, such as turning the AP on/off, or getting it to fly an approach.

Yes, that is what I meant, provide it track data that it can follow. Just like it is presently doing with my 496. THANKS! :cool: