Skyview in N996US

aguiraf

Yesterday I completed the installation of the Skyview in my RV6A.  All seems to be working fine.  Calibration has not been done at this time, heading is off by 10 deg relative to the installed D10A. I did have one glitch at start up, the unit came on and after a few minutes it went off. I had to shut off and re-start the Master switch and the unit re-started fine and stayed on. I still don't know why the unit shut off.  :)
http://n996us.blogspot.com

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The heading error should calibrate out.

If the voltage dipped below 10V, that would cause it to shut down. Same if it were on the internal battery and it was discharged. If neither of those things are the case, I'd next suspect wiring, and possibly the unit itself. Chalk up the first event to a fluke. If you see it happen again, give us a call.

aguiraf

The reason for the Skyview to shut down was a low battery. Yesterday calibrated the magnetic heading. It is not correct yet, there is a difference between the Skyview and the D10A. Will calibrate both of them at the same time today. The skid-ball indicator shows an inclination to the left while ball on the D10A and on the Trio autopilot are death center. I don't have an answer for this at this time. See picture in my blog: http://n996us.blogspot.com

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The mag calibration procedures are approx the same in the two systems, though with the EFIS-D10A you have to key in inclination / intensity manually, while the SkyView figures it out itself. Make sure you have done each system's calibration, though. SkyView and the D10A don't talk to each other in any way.

Check and see if your ADAHRS is level. That would be the number one cause of an out of center ball if you're sure you're level.