Source of DSub spares.

Robski

Hang on! I've got an idea!
Hi all.

Quick question that is probably answered elsewhere but I can't find it.

I need some spare pins etc for my Dynon harnesses as I have a couple of wiring changes afoot (change of GPS unit etc).

I know the Dynon supplied connector are nice, high quality, machined pin, crimp stuff, but precisely what manufacturer and 'series', so I can order some spares?

I optimistically ordered some bits but they don't want to fit.
I don't want to have to rewire the entire connector into a different manufacturers D-subs.  :eek:

And before anyone asks, yes, I already have an appropriate crimper and pin extractor. ;)

Robski

Thanks for the input.
Good quality connectors are not too difficult to source. Been there, done that but the pins don't fit into the Dynon's DSub receptacle!

Interchangability and compatibility with my existing Dynon supplied ones is what I want to achieve, partly because of price (only have to buy a few pins) but mainly as it makes the job soooooo much easier (whip 2 or 3 pins out and replace with new ones).

I could just use the wires as they are, cut them off leaving tails and splice to the new wires, but that is so inelegant and introduces extra possible points of failure at the unnecessary joints.

Raymo

I love aviation!
It is not clear if you are looking for the pins or the socket but if looking for the pins, the link provided by rvator51 has what you need.

Here is the direct link to the standard female D-sub pin.

http://www.bandc.aero/d-subsocket.aspx

Aircraft Spruce and others carry the same product. The key is to match the color coding on the pin.

Robski

I'll look for the colour coding on the male/female 'pin's then. I had been hoping to get the pins before opening the connector up!

I was hoping that somebody knew the manufacturer and series as buying from an electronics supplier rather than an aviation one is normally a heck of a lot cheaper for the same product.

The B&C shipping costs are ridiculous for half a dozen pins (they range from $53 to $109).
I'm in the UK!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There's nothing different about our housings or pins, so you did likely just get the wrong size. We buy standard off the shelf pins and housings.

The Part Number we use for the female pins is M39029/63-368 and for male is M39029/64-369. These are mil spec numbers so they have plenty of manufacturers.