Support for 3rd party autopilots

svanarts

Rumors are abounding on other forums that Dynon is dropping support for 3rd party autopilots. Confirm or deny?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We've never supported any autopilots, so it's impossible for us to drop support for them. In fact, if anything, we're enhancing support for them with the HS34 which adds ARINC-429 output which supports a heading bugs signal.

svanarts

Got it. Also read the posting in the "other" forum. That cleared things up. Thanks. I think a lot of us didn't really understand autopilot support in your (or the other guys' ) products.

Looking forward to all the neat new stuff you guys will be putting out.

jpage

At AirVenture it was implied that Dynon plans to release its own autopilot add-on.
Although that may be over a year away, some advance information would be very helpful for those of us who are in early construction stages.
In particular, I would be keenly interested in a physical diagram of the servo itself, so I could fabricate a bracket to mount it in my wing before I rivet the skins on.
Any preliminary info available ???
Thanks !

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
While it's an "open secret" that we're researching autopilots, no other information is available at this time.