SV-XPNDR-262 White Wire? Ident?

Mark P.

Visit my builders log at www.ZenithOwner.com
Hello all,

Wiring up the transponder is relatively simple as there are only a few wires.

One of the wires is white. The instructions that came with the transponder reads: "Already Connected. No Action Required".

From the downloaded installation manual from the Dynon website, page 11-6 indicates that the white wire loopsback and connects Pin 2 and Pin 1.

The white wire on my harness is 15 long just as the rest of the wires are and it does not loopback and connect to anything.

I don't see how I can loop it back as the DSub connector on the end of the cable (the part that connect to the transponder) is already built.

Would Dynon please clarify what I'm to do with this wire?

Thank you for clarifying!

Mark

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The wire colors are only relevant if the builder used Dynon's harness, which we have been selling for about a year. Are you sure the wiring you have came from our pre-built harness?

Mark P.

Yes I am using the supplied SV-HARNESS-XPNDR. I just purchased the HDX, transponder, comm, adsb, gps, etc... about two weeks ago directly from Dynon.

It's almost hidden in this pic, but the harness has a white wire coming out of it along with the others. (I have cut the yellow and green as they are not used).

rvator51

You probably are referring to the white wire that is used to connect to a certified GPS for ADS-B in. It is on pin 3. Use it if you need it.

Mark P.

rvator51, thanks for the reply. You are 100% correct. Now I feel stupid! I didn't notice there was another white wire called out for the certified GPS!

Thanks again...