Timeline on future user point navigation.

haleyranch

I am trying to avoid having to buy a separate GPS system and was hoping to see what kind of timeline I might expect for the following features to roll out, so I can make a decision.

- The ability to create a user point on the fly. Enter lat/Long directly into SV unit and fly to it.

- The ability to MARK a spot on the SV as I fly over it and store it as a user point, for future reference.

Thanks.

Ham_Goulding

Yes please, that's an important one for me too. Skyview is not really useable as a nav device in the environment in which I fly until we have these upgrades. As soon as you can, please.

trevpond

Dynon Support,

I asked for these user "Mark" commands to appear on the Skyview some time ago, and also the ability to input user waypoints using either scan or with Lat/Lon.

regards

Trev

haleyranch

The first two basics navigation requirements.

Be able to know where you are at. To pull the current position on the Dynon, requires many keystrokes after you enter the setup menu to get current lat/long. If there is an easier way please share it with me. Oh yes, having a pen handy so you can write it on your hand is also useful.

Second. To be able to navigate to any point. I was given LAT/LONG in a text message to fly to, and with thousands of dollars in my panel staring at me, I was unable to use the GPS to get there. Yes I was slightly PO. Sure I could have gone home, to use a PC with windows that I don't own and play with google earth, load it onto a USB stick and then drive back to the airport, but really, should I need to do that?

Luckily there is an app for that. I just ordered a Bad Elf for my iPad. With the Foreflight app I will be able to navigate my aircraft for $99 while waiting for that capability on the Dynon.

http://bad-elf.com/products/gps/

Please fix the navigation short comings prior to trying to make other third party products work with the Dynon. Current position and the ability to navigate to any LAT/LONG in the world is really not an advance feature.

MEH

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
OP: Map improvements are going to be continuous, and better waypoint manipulations are definitely among the improvements coming. But, we don't have a firm schedule yet for the exact features you're inuring about.

haleyranch

Thanks for the reply. Got my Bad Elf and I hope it will hold me over, but still think someone dropped the ball on this basics requirement.

Can you tell us what you do have planned for 2011 in the navigation area?