Trim & Flap Position Potentiometers

vmenkal

I am not getting any voltage readings for either my RAC trim or flap position potentiometers.    Zero voltage both in the calibration wizard and on the sensor trouble shooting screens.

Voltage supply 5VDC from pin 18 white/red to RAC white/orange

Trim RAC white/blue to EMS ground pin 5 black
Trim signal from RAC white/green to pin 23 purple green

Flap RAC potentiometer white/blue to EMS ground pin 17 black wire
Flap RAC potentiometer white/green to pin 10 brown/yellow on EMS

Checked sensor mapping screen and pins 10 and 23 mapped as position sensors with appropriate flap and elevator labels.

Checked position sensor voltage at connection to EMS and voltage varies as flap and elevator trim changed.

I believe as signal is being supplied to EMS but not seeing voltage on calibration screen for both sensors, I must be missing something with the calibration screen or mapping functions.

All other EMS sensors working fine.

Appreciate any advice in this regard.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you're seeing the varying voltage on Pins 10 and 23 (physically seeing the varying voltage on the unplugged connector, with a voltmeter) as you move the servos, but NOT seeing a varying voltage value on Sensor Debug Data screen for Pins 10 and 23... that would be odd.

Have you checked continuity for Pin 10 (Brown/Yellow) and Pin 23 (Violet/Green) to make sure those wire colors are going to the correct pin?

I am not getting any voltage readings for either my RAC trim or flap position potentiometers.    Zero voltage both in the calibration wizard and on the sensor trouble shooting screens.

Voltage supply 5VDC from pin 18 white/red to RAC white/orange

Trim RAC white/blue to EMS ground pin 5 black
Trim signal from RAC white/green to pin 23 purple green

Flap RAC potentiometer white/blue to EMS ground pin 17 black wire
Flap RAC potentiometer white/green to pin 10 brown/yellow on EMS

Checked sensor mapping screen and pins 10 and 23 mapped as position sensors with appropriate flap and elevator labels.

Checked position sensor voltage at connection to EMS and voltage varies as flap and elevator trim changed.

I believe as signal is being supplied to EMS but not seeing voltage on calibration screen for both sensors, I must be missing something with the calibration screen or mapping functions.

All other EMS sensors working fine.

Appreciate any advice in this regard.