trim motor problem

pylotttt

I just installed the HDX in my rv-6a. I have Ray Allen trim with (G405) buttons on the pilot side stick only. before the install it worked fine. After connecting through the AP panel when I push a trim button and let up it runs the trim motor continuously for 6 seconds. This happens in any direction I select.
Any ideas what is causing it?

DBRV10

Yes, your contacts are normally closed. You need to rewire the microswitches. You need a momentary closed function, instead yours is permanently closed and reset after you press it. Then it runs until the runaway trim time is met.

pylotttt

I ohmed the connections of the G205 grip and the N/c contacts are connected to gnd, the N/O contacts to 12vdc.
When I push a trim button the switch closes applying the 12v. They are momentary switches. I will go check them again to make sure. Thanks for the reply.

Marc_J._Zeitlin

I ohmed the connections of the G205 grip and the N/c contacts are connected to gnd, the N/O contacts to 12vdc.
When I push a trim button the switch closes applying the 12v. They are momentary switches. I will go check them again to make sure. Thanks for the reply.
Ummm, yeah, there's your problem. The N/O contact should go ground, and the wire to the trim circuit (pins 3, 4 , 10, 11) should be GROUNDED when the switch is closed, NOT go to 12V. Don't know what you've done to the A/P controller by dumping 12V into it...

pylotttt

Yeah, I caught on when I went back to the plane to recheck it. The 12v should not go to the G205 grip and the ground was on the incorrect contacts.
Major case of short between the headsets- ME!

Thanks for the replies